Surah 96. Surah al Alaq (That which Clings)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- Read! In the Name of you Rabb, Who created,
- Created the human from that which clings.*
- Read! By your Rabb, the most bountiful,
- Who taught by the Pen,
- Taught humankind what it knew not.
- No! The human does indeed transgress,
- When he looks upon himself as autonomous.
- Indeed, towards your Rabb is the return.
- Do you not see the one who forbids
- The worshiper as he prays?
- Do you see if he is on guidance?
- Or (if he) commands Divine consciousness?
- Do you see if he rejects (the Truth) and turns away?
- Does he not know that Allah does indeed see (everything)?
- No! If he desists not, We will drag him by his forelock!
- A lying, sinful forelock!
- Then, let him call his helpers,
- And We will summon the armies of punishment.
- No! Do not listen to him,
But fall down in prostration,
And come closer (to Divine presence).
*The fertilized egg attaches itself to the womb of a mother like a zipper with alternate cells from the mother and the baby.