Surah 87. Surah al A’la (The Most High)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- Glorified be the Name of your Rabb, the Most High!
- Who created, then bestowed order and proportion;
- Who has measured (what each soul needs), and has guided;
- And Who has brought forth vegetation,
- Then does He turn it into a dry, dark stubble.
- Soon shall We make you recite,
So that you do not forget-
- Except as Allah wills.
Indeed, He knows what is perceived and what is beyond perception.
- Soon shall We make it easy for you, so that you attain serenity.
- So, remind them,
Perchance the reminder may benefit them.
- One who fears (the Judgment Day) is admonished readily,
- But the ill-fated will avoid it-
- Such is the one who will enter the Great Fire,
- Wherein he will neither die nor live.
- Verily, the one who has purified (his soul) has found felicity,
- And remembered the Name of his Rabb, and prayed.
- Nay! The (deceptive) impressions of the life of this world
(Have distracted you),
- While the hereafter–that is better and is everlasting.
- This is indeed what is in the ancient Scriptures,
- The Scriptures of Abraham and Moses.