Surah 81. Surah alt Takwir (The Folded Up)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- When the sun is folded up;
- And the stars disappear;
- And the mountains are scattered.
- And when the she-camels, about to give birth, are neglected.
- And when the wild beasts are gathered together,
- And when the oceans boil over and become turgid,
- And when the Nafs (the souls) are coupled (with their deeds).
- And when the female infant is asked:
- For what sin was she killed?
- And when the scrolls are opened up,
- And when the heavens are uncovered,
- And when Hellfire is set ablaze,
- And when the Garden is brought near,
- Every soul shall know what it has brought.
- So I call to witness the stars that disappear,
- Orbiting (on course), away from sight,
- And the night as it overtakes,
- And the dawn as it gently wakes up.
- Indeed, this is a Scripture from a Messenger honored,
- With power from the Lord of the Highest Throne,
- Worthy of listening, and worthy of trust.
- Lo! Your companion is not mad;
- And indeed, he saw him (the Angel) clearly at the farthest horizon,
- And he does not hold back the unseen
(knowledge beyond human perception that is revealed to him),
- And this is not the Word of Satan, the accursed,
- So, whither do you wander off?
- This is not but a Reminder for all the worlds,
- So that whoever among you so wills, may follow the Straight Path;
- And you shall not conceive of anything except as Allah wills-
The Creator, Sustainer and Cherisher of all the worlds.