Surah 82. Surah al Infitar (The Renting Asunder)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- When the heavens are rent asunder;
- And when the stars are scattered;
- And when the oceans overflow;
- And when the graves are overturned;
- Every soul shall know what it sent forth ahead and what it left behind.
- O humankind! What has deceived you from your bountiful Rabb?
- Who created you, then molded you in due proportions,
And bestowed on you a noble nature;
- With whatever face He willed, He paired you off,
- No! You deny the Judgment!
- And indeed! Upon you are appointed sentinels (angel guards),
- Honored scribes,
- They know what you do.
- Indeed, the righteous shall be in Gardens;
- And indeed the culpable shall be in Hellfire–
- They shall be thrown therein on the Judgment Day,
- And they shall never be absent from it,
- And what will explain to you what the Judgment Day is?
- Again, what will explain to you what the Judgment Day is?
- The Day when no soul shall in the least be responsible for another soul,
And that Day, the Command shall be with Allah!