Surah 83. Surah al Mutaffifeen (Those Dealing with Fraud)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- Woe to the defrauders,
- Who, when they take, demand a full measure from people,
- But when they give, by measure or by weight, reduce the measure.
- Do such people not reckon that they will, of a certainty, be resurrected
- On a Momentous Day?
- The Day when humankind shall stand before the Rabb of all the worlds.
- Nay! The record of the evil ones is in Sijjin.
- And what will explain to you what Sijjin is?
- A book, preserved!
- Woe that Day to those who deny–
- Those who deny the Day of Judgment.
- And none deny it except every transgressing evil doer.
- When Our Signs are recited to him, he says: “Tales of the ancients!”
- No! But what they have earned has stained their hearts.
- Nay! That Day, they shall indeed be barred from (the Grace of) their Rabb;
- Then they shall, of a certainty, enter Hellfire;
- Then they shall be told: “This is what you used to deny”.
- Nay! The record of the righteous is indeed in Illiyeen.
- And what will explain to you what Illiyun is?
- A book, preserved!
- Witnessed by those who are close (to Allah),
- Indeed, the righteous shall be in bliss,
- Upon thrones, looking (at Divine bounties);
- You will find their existence bright with Divine Grace,
- They will be served an exclusive drink, sealed–
- Sealed by musk–
And let those who strive to reach for it, reach for it;
- Whose effect will be exalting–
- A spring from which those who are close (to Divine presence) drink.
- Indeed, the culpable used to laugh at those who had certainty of faith.
- And when they passed them by, they would wink,
- And when they returned to their kin, they would return scoffing;
- And when they saw them they would say: “Indeed, these are the misled!”
- But they were not sent as guards over them.
- So, this day those with certainty of faith, laugh at the disbelievers,
- (Seated) upon thrones, observing:
- Are not the disbelievers paid back for what they used to do?