Surah 84. Surah al Inshiqaq (The Splitting Asunder)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- When the sky is split asunder;
- And when it obeys the Command of its Rabb, as it must;
- And when the earth is spread out;
- And it throws out what is in it and is disemboweled;
- And when it obeys the Command of its Rabb, as it must.
- O humankind! You are indeed struggling towards your Rabb,
And you shall meet Him!
- Then, whoever is given his book (of deeds) in his right hand,
- He will complete his account, fast and easy,
- And he will return to his kindred, rejoicing.
- But whoever is given his book (of deeds) behind his back,
- Soon he will call for his own death,
- And he will enter the flaming Fire.
- Verily, he indulged with his people,
- Verily, he was doubtful he will ever return (to His Rabb).
- No! His Rabb is indeed his Seer!
- No! I call to witness the setting of the sun,
- And the night and what it gathers up as it spreads,
- And the moon when it is full,
- Indeed, you must pass from one stage to another.
- So, what is it with those who have no certainty of faith?
- When the Qur’an is recited to them, they do not prostrate?
- Instead, the faithless give it the lie,
- Lo! Allah has full knowledge of what they keep their hearts filled up with.
- So, give them the tidings of a painful doom,
- Except those who have certainty of faith and perform righteous deeds,
For them, there is a reward without fail.