Surah 88. Surah al Ghasihiya (The Overwhelming Event)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- Has there come to you the narration of the Overwhelming Event?
- Some faces that Day will be despondent–
- In hard labor, weary;
- They shall enter the blazing Fire,
- And made to drink from a boiling spring.
- There shall be nothing for them to eat except thorny bushes–
- Neither nourishing nor abating hunger.
- Some faces that day will be joyful,
- Pleased with what they had earned,
- In Gardens high,
- No vain talk shall they hear therein;
- In it there is a flowing spring;
- In it there are thrones high,
- And goblets selected,
- And cushions arranged,
- And carpets rolled out.
- Do they not look at a camel (and ponder) how it is created?
- And at the sky, how it is raised high?
- And at the mountains, how they are fixed firmly?
- And at the earth, how it is spread out?
- Therefore, remind them; you are indeed not but one to remind-
- You are not one to coerce them;
- Except that one who turns away and disbelieves,
- For such, there is an overbearing punishment from Allah.
- Indeed, towards Us is their return;
- Indeed, upon them is their reckoning!