Surah 91. Surah al Shams (The Sun)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- By the sun and its illumination,
- By the moon as it follows it (the sun),
- By the day as it reveals it,
- By the night as it shrouds it,
- By the heavens and what was created in them,
- By the earth and what was spread out therein,
- By the soul and what perfection was bestowed upon it,
- By its awareness of its defects and its awareness of the Divine,
- Verily, he attains felicity who purifies it!
- And verily, he is lost who corrupts it!
- The Thamud rejected and transgressed
- When the wretched man stood up,
- And the Messenger of Allah said to them:
“(This is the) she-camel ordained for Allah, so let her drink.”
- But they rejected him (the Messenger) and they hamstrung her,
So their Rabb brought destruction upon them for their sin,
Then utterly destroyed them—
- And He is not fearful of its consequences!