Surah 98. Surah al Bayyinah (The Clear Evidence)
Bismillah ir Rahman ir Raheem
In the Name of Allah, the Compassionate, the Merciful
- Those among the people of the Book who disbelieve,
And those who associate partners with Allah—
They were not going to desist (from disbelief)
Until there came to them clear Signs;
- A Messenger from Allah,
Reciting the Scriptures sanctified;
- With established ordinances therein.
- And those who were given the Book
Were not divided except after there came to them clear Evidence.
- And they were commanded not except to worship Allah with sincerity—
In accordance with their Deen (moral code, way to live),
As people of pure faith (inner knowledge);
And to establish prayer,
And to purify their wealth with charity;
Lo! That is the Command established!
- Indeed, those among the people of the Book who disbelieve,
And those who associate partners with Allah,
(are destined) for Hellfire,
To dwell therein forever—
Such are the ones who are the worst of creatures.
- Indeed, those who have certainty of faith,
And perform righteous deeds—
Such are the ones who are the best of creatures.
- Their recompense is from their Rabb,
Gardens eternal, beneath which flow streams (of Divine Grace),
To live therein forever,
Allah well pleased with them,
And they pleased with Him—
That is for one who fears his Rabb!